Lisbeth Calandrino, Associate Publisher, Fabulous Floors Magazine
Every time I look at the magnitude of our SURFACES show, I feel an enormous pride to be part of the floor covering industry. I’ve learned so much from industry experts, met so many great people and had the privilege of consulting with many others.
I’ve been going to the show for over twenty years. It’s comprised of three world-class trade shows: SURFACES, StonExpo/Marmomac, and TileExpo events, TISE is THE industry marketplace for floor covering, stone, and tile industry professionals – offering four impressive days of the newest products, hands-on demos, inspiring trends, key manufacturers + industry suppliers, along with unmatched education and networking opportunities.
TISE is definitely for the creative types; architects, interior designer and installers as well as business owners. Having been in the industry for over twenty years, I’ve always felt that installers and fabricators were the backbone of our industry. Through the years, have become more respectful of those that have the skills to take our products and turn them into magnificent floors.
One interesting seminar “Art & Technology Collide: Creating Unique Designs with Waterjets” will be highlights both the art and the installation of waterjet. It will be presented by Jim Belilove; WE06 January 31, 12-1PM. There are a number of seminars listed specifically for stone fabricators and/or installers; this is a unique seminar for those interested in specifying water jet projects.
This year I was honored to be on the Advisory Board for TISE with other industry professionals; they came from all areas within the industry and the press. I enjoyed listening to their ideas for seminars and what they felt their constituents cared about. The process of determining what seminars should be offered was done over a two-day period, and at times it was difficult to determine what should ‘go and what should stay.’
Whatever seminars you should choose to attend, you should know the programs were determined with much thought. I enjoyed listening to the participants ideas for seminars and what they felt was important to their constituents. The process of determining what seminars should be offered was done over a two-day period. At times, it was difficult to decide what should ‘go and what should stay.’ Whatever seminars you should choose to attend, you should know the programs were determined with much thought.
TISE is an important event for your potential customers. As you look at products, think about whom at home (interior designers, architects, home owners, installers and builders) would be interested in what you are learning and seeing. Here are some ideas for you.
- How about a live video streaming with Facebook Livestream? You can video a conversation with an interior designer, a manufacturer or anyone you feel is interesting to your target market.
- Post new products to your Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest or Houzz page. Check first to see if you can take photos of products; if not, you can take photos of the brochures.
- Collect all the literature to bring back to your team. TISE maybe ‘old hat’ to you but I’m sure your teammates will love to know what’s new. I never carry literature back; I have it shipped by FedEx. They have several locations: on the show floor and Mandalay By front desk.
- How about posting 2018 Design Trends on your web site as well as interviewing the presenter? Everyone I know, whether they’re in the floorcovering business or not want to know about the latest design trends. Interior Designer, Christopher Grubb will be presenting “WE10 – Health & Wellness Design: A Conversation with Four Top Designers, January 31from 10:00 AM to 11:00 AM. As consumers age and decide to stay in their homes, there are different concerns for their living space.
- Plan your time wisely. It’s easy to get off track, especially when you meet an old friend you haven’t seen since last year. Make your conversations short and find a way to meet later on.
- If your hotel has a spa or gym, why not take advantage of it? Check out your Fitbit; it’s likely you will be able to get more than enough steps for the week!
#TISE2018 #WE10Healthandwellness #Facebooklivestream,#WE06Artandtechnology,#Instagram,#ChristopherGrubb#Mandalaybay #Surfaces#Lisbethcalandrino #customerservice #StonExpo/Marmomac, #Tilexpo #uniquedesignswithwaterjet